Help & Participate in the #joinHANDS Movement!
Movements are about mobilizing people behind a shared purpose.
The #JoinHANDS movement is about uniting people together, joining hands, and saying no to dirty fuels and yes to clean energy and renewables.
It’s our 5th year anniversary, let’s make this the largest gathering yet!
Collectively we CAN make a difference.
Learn more about Hands Across the Sand, and why it started.
Read message from founder, Dave Rauschkolb.
Get Involved Now:
- Donate $1 (or more) to help spread awareness – Click “Make a Contribution”
- ORGANIZE / ATTEND an event in your local area on May 17th
- Like our Facebook page (help us reach 100,000!)
- Follow us on Twitter
- Spread the word!
Start Posting Events:
Post an event in your local area.
It’s easy to do:
Click your STATE or GLOBE on map and fill out form.
We provide everything you need to create a successful experience.
Whether it’s a group of 2 or 10,000 — it doesn’t matter.
Let’s stand together and “Say NO to dirty fuels and YES to clean energy.”
Thank you 2013 #JoinHANDS participants!
HANDS Mission Statement
- To bring together like-minded individuals and organizations with the conviction to organize a Global movement to promote a clean energy future for our earth and end our dependence on dirty fuel sources.These gatherings will bring thousands of American and Global citizens to our beaches and cities and will draw metaphorical and actual lines in the sand; human lines in the sand against the threats Fossil Fuels pose to our present and future planet.
- To convince our State Legislators, Governors, Congress and President Obama and World leaders to adopt policies encouraging the growth of clean and renewable energy sources in place of oil and coal.
An Opportunity of National and Global Importance
- Now is the time for America and global leaders to join hands and steer our energy policy away from our dependence on fossil fuels and into the light of clean energy and renewables.
How to #JoinHANDS
on May 17, 2014
Go to an event location near you at 11 AM, in your time zone, for one hour, rain or shine.
Join hands for 15 minutes at 12:00 PM, in your time zone, forming lines in the sand, or on the land, against dirty fuels. Say yes to clean energy and renewables.
Leave only your footprints. In addition, consider getting involved in a local organization that supports clean energy.
Event Day Tips
- Use only approved locations. This includes beach access and parking, plus parks and recreational areas.
- Create a long line, or as many lines as you wish.
- Be courteous and respectful to those who disagree with your view.
- Please steer clear of bird nesting areas (refer to Audubon’s recommendations).
If at beach, stay away from sea turtle nesting areas (visit Sea Turtle Oversight Protection for more information).
In addition, respect any flora and fauna (plants and animals) for your particular region.
- Leave nothing but footprints...and enjoy yourself!